Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger

Captain and chef/stew team looking for a motor yacht

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by mitchellyacht, Mar 5, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. mitchellyacht

mitchellyacht New Member

Hi members,

I have been pleasure sailing since I was 16 years old. In 2005 I changed career from IT to sailing and formailised the skills I learn't over many years of enjoying the sea. I have an MCA Master 200GT (unlimited) captains licence and an MCA OOW 500GT (unlimited) licence. I also have MCA GMDSS/ GOC, RYA Yachtmaster Ocean (commercially endorsed), MCA SSO, MCA AEC and MCA Proficiency in Medical Care Aboard Ship certificates, as well as the basic STCW95 certificates. I have also completed the OOW 3000GT Navigation & Radar and the OOW 3000GT GSK courses and will complete the balance of the land based courses this month to sit my MCA Chief Mates / OOW3000 GT unlimited ticket before the end of the year.

My wife Danielle is an excellent chef and stewardess and a very capable deckhand. She is a graduate from the Rosie Davies School of Cooking and has an MCA Proficiency of Medical Care Aboard Ship, her STCW95 tickets and an RYA powerboat level 2.

We have recently completed three seasons on a 27.5 metre (90 foot) Astondoa motor yacht called Canflor Lady on which we cruised the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and the Bahamas on.

We are now looking for a new challenge as Captain and Cook/Stew/Deckhand on a motor yacht of similar size or larger.

We are currently living in Fort Lauderdale but our base is Chilcompton in Somerset. We are willing to move to any part of the world for the right roles and would ideally like to work together however we will also work apart for the right roles.

If this all sounds interesting to any potential employer out there then perhaps you would like to go to our website http://www.mitchellyachting.com to see more about us including our CV's, comments from the guests we have had on board, menu sampes and some photos of the vessels we have crewed.

Best regards,

Craig Mitchell