Click for MotorCheck Click for Delta Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander

Mac Software for Captains

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Mike448, May 3, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Mike448

Mike448 Member

I am a big Mac fan and am slowly changing my "office" over to Macs. A big drawback with Macs has always been the limited amount of Marine software available for Macs.

Besides your basic Office software, can you guys/gals post info about Navigation, Weather and Yacht Management software that you have come across for use on Macs?

I do know that you can run Windows programs on a Mac using programs like Parallels, but in my view that defeats the object of switching to Mac, so lets keep this thread about Mac dedicated software.

To start off with, I have found and used MAC ENC which is a reasonable ECDIS program:
    http://www.gpsnavx.com/MacENC/

Cheers
    Mike
  2. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

A couple of months back, Passage Maker did a pretty decent review of several off the shelf, and open source charting packages. I seem to remember that they plugged a few mac compatible programs.

May be worth a look if you can find it online, or perhaps a hard copy somewhere.
  3. Mike448

Mike448 Member

Thanks, I will look for it