Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights

Skipper Wanted for 2009 Azimut 68e in Istanbul

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by azimut68e, Jan 18, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azimut68e

azimut68e New Member

We are looking for a skipper for our soon to be delivered Azimut 68. Please send your CV if you satisfy the below listed requirements :

-You need to possess necessary training/qualifications such as yachtmaster offshore/ocean, STCW, MCA etc as applicable.

-You need to reside in/move to Istanbul though you need not be a Turkish citizen.

-You are a professional yacht skipper by career and this is demonstrated in your CV which includes the names, brands and lengths of the boats you have professionally skippered until now.

-You are male or female (we prefer a female skipper but chances may be very low) between the ages of M(40-50) and F(35-50)

-No smokers please.

-Our boat will be Istanbul based 9 months of the year. Expect 3 months of cruising in the Aegean & Med.

-We are not looking for a 1-2 year temporary skipper.

-Proper and satisfying work conditions on a family boat. This means a talented, hardworking skipper with a kind spirit and a positive view of life will spend time with similar young and happy family and their new born baby without any fears of crisis, mistreatment, dishonesty etc.

Satisfying salary plus health insurance, holiday time and annual tickets etc. will be provided.

Kindly contact via Private Message.
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Azimut68e,

I have edited your email address from your post. We ask that all our readers refrain from posting their email addresses to the public forums to save themselves the nuisance of an Inbox full of spam and unsolicited emails.

Regards
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I don't know how things are over there, but in the US that is a clear violation of laws against descrimination on the basis of sex and age. Not that it doesn't happen, but few are bold enough to put it in writing.
  4. azimut68e

azimut68e New Member

Kevin,

I would not mind if my email address appears on the forum, it is much more practical for me despite spam. Prior to posting I read the guidelines. I understand that admin does not recommend this but it is fine for me. Do I have this option or is it forbidden to post email addresses ?
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

If you click onto the name of a poster you'll find a drop-down that enables any responder to contact you via e-mail or private message. There is no need to expose yourself to the copious amounts of spam you'll surely get by posting it.
  6. azimut68e

azimut68e New Member

NYCAP123

I find it improper that you post an unnecessary response to my inquiry. But this is a public forum where you are listed as a member so I can not tell you not to do so. But I will ask you to show proof to your authoritative accusations given the fact that :

1. Istanbul is not related to USA
    2. It is legal to put certain limitations for jobs here
    3. Even in the US, neither the 1964 Civil Rights Act nor the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission lists me as an employer so things would not be different if I lived there.

Most important of all, I am not discriminating directly or indirectly. I just do not have the time or desire to argue why it would not be wise to give a several million dollar yacht to an 18 year old skipper.

Now please prove your accusations or apologise. No matter what you will do, do not take up the time of productive people.
  7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Ad-lib comments will only deter people from placing help wanted ads. This doesn't reflect well on our community. Let's all try to refrain from unnecessary discourse.
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Those sir are considered discriminatory statements and offensive. In the second case the discrimination is not so much on the lower end as on both ends. An unprejudiced person would ask for an experienced captain as you did elsewhere in your post, leave it at that and then choose the most qualified person who also fit in with your situation. That would eliminate "an 18 year old skipper" yet avoid the offensiveness of your statement. Ask yourself why you prefer a female. Ask yourself why you don't want someone over 50. The answers to those questions will expose your prejudice. Obviously, if you are familiar with the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission you fully understand the offensiveness of your statements. The fact that this discrimination is not illegal in your country is not my concern. A few years back it wasn't in ours either. That didn't make it right. I try not to condemn a person for something that slips out, but I will certainly not be silent about it. By doing so you may think it acceptable. The apologies called for are yours.
  9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

How about this..? :)

Attached Files:

10. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Cute. :D
  11. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

And you might also want to ask yourself, what female skipper in their right mind would ever want to move to Istanbul? Also, keep in mind that your vessels rules fall under the flag that it is registered under. If it is MCA registered they have rules against discrimination as well as far as I know. Anyways, good luck with finding a Captain and wish you the best.

Have you considered contacting the Turkish Navy for a female Captain? They may have one that would love to live in Istanbul.
  12. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

The MCA is not and never has been a flag state, it is a United Kingdom Government Agency.

Vessels are not MCA registered they are said to be MCA compliant.
  13. azimut68e

azimut68e New Member

Thanks to other forums I am receiving a good number of applications male and female. Here things are different, I ended up with people who have plenty of time and just wish to kill it through empty, unfounded talks.

My case is no different than a woman looking for a specifically female OB/GYN or a guy who wishes to hire a male masseur. I am not a corporation just one individual. It would not matter a bit if I were an American living in the States.

I feel sad for you all, because you seem to enjoy this kind of internet nonsense. Someone places an ad with good will and then comes an unnecessary reply accusing of discrimination. Alas, he can offer no proof but words. Then others join mostly with stupid and insultive remarks about Turkish Navy and Istanbul. When you can no longer prove your point you try to turn into an insulting contest which I will not join.

Wow, what gentlemanlike behavior !
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Azimut68e, I agree with you. I know one of the very rare female captains and one of the very few black captains. They have experienced many discriminating situations and I can not see any reason to not mention that you could consider one of them.
  15. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

You’re right, it’s your personal property and you can hire whom you please to operate it.
    This is not a Union shop or the Government.
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Well said by the last two posters.

The whole world is not run by the US even though the US is largely responsible for the current economic problems.
  17. CaptGarry

CaptGarry New Member

Position vacant

I am an Australian. Currently employed as FleetMaster for a large charter company. I have certification as Captain and also Engineer. I also hold qualifications in Training and Assessment. I have sent you a pm and would be happy to communicate with you regarding your position that you have available.

Regards
    CaptGarry
  18. MaxPower

MaxPower Senior Member

I concur. By definition, US laws apply ONLY in the US or to US citizens.

Thank God for that !
  19. CaptGarry

CaptGarry New Member

Azzimut 68e position

I would be pleased to hear from you re your position vacant.
  20. azimut68e

azimut68e New Member

I just sent you a PM Garry.

To other interested skippers,
    Please disregard my post, received a very good number of male & female applications and already shortlisted them.

Happy sailing/cruising to all...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.