Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

Looking for a specific captain

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by trideck45, Nov 19, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. trideck45

trideck45 New Member

I am trying to locate a young captain by the name of Jonathon Westbrook. I was given his name at the lauderdale show. They tell me that he is out of Virginia, and is one of the best. He is well known in this field I assume.

I presume that in a specialty field such as this someone would be able to locate him for me, as I was given no contact information.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

3. trideck45

trideck45 New Member

Thank you K1W1

I have contacted this individual via email. I believe him to be correct as a google of that area code does bring up virginia.

Thank you very much for your assistance.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Welcome to YF.

I found that in about 30 secs using everyones online buddy..............Google.
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Trideck,
    That looks like a very new captain and only 50GT. From your name I think you might want to check with the agencies in Lauderdale (or more local to your cruising grounds).
  6. trideck45

trideck45 New Member

Thanks guys! I am not sure why it did not occur to me to google the name.

I am looking for a captain for my sportfish that I will be keeping in the northeast. I was told this guy has a 100 ton license. Maybe he upgraded since that ad which was dated July.

Have any of you heard of him? He was very highly reccomended by the folks I spoke with in lauderdale.

I am however looking for a captain for a late model Hatteras, and they tell me that he has a lot of Hatteras experience. That could be a reason for the reccomendation.

I just want a good captain so I can fish! (evil grin)
  7. jesse3474

jesse3474 New Member

100 ton of crap license

there is no one of the best, everyone makes mistakes its just the matter of how little or how big. are you looking for someone to drive your boat or kill some fish and teach u what commercial fisherman know. a licensed captian uselly knows what to do but has he done it before. I am a commercial fisherman that has fished, enginered, skippered in some of the nastiest water most have not seen. feel free to ask upon me, jesse
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Trideck,
    Where in the northeast do you expect to run out of? I'm not a fishing captain, but am associated with several in this area who are very good and would be happy to give you a recommendation.
  9. nyrussell

nyrussell New Member

LOL, I live on a Hatteras and have lot's of friends with them. Send me a pm