Click for Glendinning Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Burger

Need Delivery Captain - Houston to Marathon

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Stonie, Oct 17, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Stonie

Stonie New Member

I need to have a Carver 500 CPMY delivered around November 1, 2008. Need someone who knows their way around Houston after hurricane Ike.
  2. harbordan

harbordan New Member

Houston to Marathon

Have you located a captain to move you vessel?
  3. roger smith

roger smith New Member

Stonie,
    I have a 1600 master (ocean) 37 years as captain. Use to work the Gulf for the oil co. been in and out of Galveston many times, but no since Ike. Things are changing all the time. Let me know if you need more info, and references.

roger smith email edit by admin
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Stonie,

I would suggest you overlook the last two candidates. Apparently, they lack one of the most basic skills in operating a vessel... the ability to read.

If they could read, they wouldn't be posting their e-mail address in a forum where bots can bombard them with spam.

Rule #1 on the Internet... DO NOT POST YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS.
  5. Stonie

Stonie New Member

Thanks for the response guys...

I'm waiting for the deal to close on the Carver and then I'll get back to you.

GSG
  6. kab

kab New Member

I am a 200ton captain familiar with the Gulf and the Houston area. I am not sure you really need someone familiar post - Ike. A little local knowledge to get out of the marina where the boat is - the rest is ship channel and that's all clear.
    I am originally from that area.
    I have also run a few Carvers. Let me know if you still need help.
  7. aeronautic1

aeronautic1 Member

Delivery Speciaist

200 ton master and USCG veteran engineering officer. 30+ years in the industry/300,000 sea miles without a single claim. Recommended by leading brokers and insurance underwriters. Nobeltec software and bluetooth GPS allows me to board any vessel regardless of installed navionics. PM me for link to my webpage and letters of commendation from numerous statisfied owners.

Very familiar with Kemah/Clear Lake and have off loaded and number of yachts from the commerical port in Houston for delivery to Florida.