Click for MotorCheck Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Comfort Click for Ocean Alexander

Trinity Yachts: "Mine Games"

Discussion in 'Trinity Yacht' started by Yacht News, May 23, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Probably one of the better looking yachts to go underconstruction by the Trinity yard is the m/y Mine Games (T033). With the m/y Lady Michelle (T037)out of the way, the spotlight will probably be on Mine Games now. She seems to be a slight evolution of the m/y Zoom Zoom Zoom (ZZZ) type yacht, being a meter or two larger.

The m/y Mine Games will be 50M. Here are some stats and deck plans. The deckplans are under "Delivery: 2007"

If all goes according to the Rendering on the website, the Mine Games certianly will be painted all white with dark windows for good contrast. A double bar Blue boot will adorn her waterline. From the deckplans, she looks like she will be carrying a small submersible. That would be a nice addition to her toys. Other toys will include a 6.7M main tender and two jetskis. (one as shown in the rendering on the website).

For propulsion, the Mine Games will have two CAT (Caterpiller) marine engines, producing nearly 3,400 hp. With this power, the Mine Games will be able to hopefully attain a maximum speed in the region of 24 knots. A respectably large range can be attained if sailed at around 13 knots. This will be a great asset for crossing large expanses of ocean. When at anchor, stablization will be provided by Quantum Zero-Speed stablizers.

According to Trinity, she will be up for delivery this year (2007). It would be fair to assume that this vessel will emerge sometime later in the year. The contruction process is well and far underway, so it will not be that long.
    http://www.trinityyachts.com
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

3. Yacht News

4. Yacht News

An update

Mine Games has now been delivered... Nice lookin' yacht.
  5. Yacht News

6. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

Very interesting hardtop...or arch;)
  7. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

At Pier 66

Attached Files:

8. Mike448

Mike448 Member

Cool Sub

Mine Games docked in St Maarten with her new sub - cool.
    MG1.JPG
    MG2.JPG
  9. Yacht News

Hey, thanks for the close up pics of the sub Mike. So , will she be permanently kept out there tied to the swim platform?
  10. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Long time, no post Mike! Welcome back. :)
  11. Yacht News

Carl your getting old. You just reached your 9,000th post, how much human years is in that? We will never know...

Congrats...
  12. Mike448

Mike448 Member

I believe that it lives on the swimplatform. Perhaps one of the crew could confirm this. There is nowhere else aboard the vessel that it could be safely stowed. I assume it has a nice snug cover to protect against the elements.
  13. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

"I assume it has a nice snug cover to protect against the elements. "

That may be a rash assumption. Considering there is no lashing system to safely secure the sub on deck, nothing to reduce the internal temperatures below the mid 100 F level, and the faith based securing system in evidence, little thought has gone into supporting the submersible. Maybe just showing it off is all they wanted anyway, and it will look good until it leaps over the side in heavy seas and is non-recoverable.
  14. MYCaptainChris

MYCaptainChris Senior Member

Hmm

But how did they get it on there in the first place? Where is the davit?
  15. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Looking at Trinity's publicity drawings, the davit appears to be cleverly hidden behind the panel above the access door, where the name is painted. It is variously described as 14 feet or 20 feet long and rated at 4000 lbs which is considerably less than the weight of the sub. Maybe they uprated the davit before it was loaded in Palm Beach and they had calm seas on the trip South.

There are no tie-downs visible on the deck of the swim step. Since they are using a very ineffective and unseamanlike rope lashing there must not be any provision for properly securing the sub on deck. Maybe they plan on never having a pitching movement in head seas and the sub will never become airborne. Maybe the captain has never been in heavy weather. Maybe their insurance company has a good sense of humor.
  16. MYCaptainChris

MYCaptainChris Senior Member

Those little stainless discs you see on the deck are where you screw in eyelets for lashing.
  17. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Methinks breaking out the vessel's deck cargo securing manual might be a worthwhile exercise.
  18. Yacht News

19. Opcn

Opcn Senior Member

My guess is that that tie down job is only meant to suffice in the marina, and that something else will be done underway. Where do they keep the tender? It seems like a little sub like that could find a home on the boat if a 22 ft tender managed to.
  20. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

It lives permanently on the swim platform. I've never looked terribly closely at the tie downs, but I know for a fact that they've made some pretty rough crossings with no troubles.