Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Comfort

1963 Corvette Split-Window Retro Tender

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by hermanform, May 8, 2008.

1. hermanform

hermanform New Member

Attached Files:

2. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Chevy powered by Dodge?..(I see the Vipers under the "fastback")
    I hope there's a bulkhead behind the drivers as this could be a little loud with two screaming hemi's behind your head!
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Gorgeous toy! :cool:

Since '63-67 is the only 'Vette years I'd ever consider owning, I'm a little partial to the design obviously... but the Viper engines would have to go. That's sacriledge!

Also, I don't believe the Sting Ray ever had three tail-lights. I know a lot of guys added a third, but it was never factory. (A lot of guys also had the dealers remove the split-window back in 63 as well... :rolleyes: )
  4. Brian

Brian Senior Member

People removed the split window from their corvettes?? Oh, god talk about regrets!

I wonder what's under the "trunk"? Spare prop?
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

As always, Bo Zolland's digital artistry (mastery!) is perfection. It's hard to critique something that stirs the soul like his retro-renderings, but I recently spent some time snooping around the Porsche designed Fearless runabouts (which appear to be copies Bo's ideas) and quickly realized... these boats are better to look at, then operate.

Case in point, when a sheer line swoops down to the water line, engaging reverse is a parallel thought to locking up your brakes while be followed too closely by a Kenworth. Setting aside the reverse stuff effect, simply stepping onto the decks of these types of boats (especially if they are wet), would become a game of slip & slide, quickly followed by ambulance chaser slipping you his card.

Bo... is there any way you can achieve these sexy, retro lines with something a little more utilitarian, such as a center-console? I'd be willing to bet someone would bankroll it! :)
  6. Brian

Brian Senior Member

I agree. Very nice to look at but not completely practical...kind of like those first topless Dodge Vipers you cannot lock-up?
  7. hermanform

hermanform New Member

Sorry folks, here comes the single engine (26-28´size) with a Chevy engine of course. Here are also some explanations on the practicality. Bear in mind this is a concept, that need the normal design adjustments before it can be used. I never understood why boat manufacturers never do concepts to thrill and test ideas? Look at car brands, they spit out concepts, and if not built, they at least get attention and PR (branding) It fairly easy, quick and inexpensive to make a 3D model to try out a design idea.
    Cheers and thx for the interest in this boat.

Bo Zolland Vizualtech design team.

Attached Files:

8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Bo, in fact they do. Go to a major boat show or buy international boat magazines and you will find concepts from almost all builders and designers. Most of them are never built, not even mine...:D

/Lars
  9. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Thanks for the images Bo. They're beautiful. I really enjoy them.
    What rendering/modelling program are you using?
    No apologies necessary, but thanks for the Chevy engine!
    BTW, what is under the "trunk"?
  10. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Hey Bo, I just checked out your websit.
    Holy smokes!!
    Nice stuff.
    For someone from Europe, you have a lot of North American automotive interests!
    Impressive images!
    I encourage people to take a look.
  11. orion

orion Senior Member

Im in love!

Omg. forget the Hot Rod! I really,really want this one.
    Imagine the sound of a spinning LS9 3feet from your head, Beach Boys on the radio,peace on earth and just take a burn out and blowin away from it all.
    Could life be better?
    I do not think so.
    Thanks to Bo that giving us the good old times back again!
  12. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Since the 63' split was my all time favorite car I've gotta say WAY COOL.
  13. hermanform

hermanform New Member

Hi Under the trunk is a fold out gangway, or ladder so the older vette fans gan get in and out. There is room to walk on each side of the "pods".
    Talk to Kurt at Strand-Craft and he will build you one. He is now building the COBRA i did in 2005.
    Cheers Bo
  14. bpeters13

bpeters13 New Member

Hey Bo Zolland, I had came up with the same thing you had. If you could please email me at so I could ask you a few questions. Thank you.

Admin Edit: Address Removed. Read the Rules.