Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno

Help? Custom FiberGlass Waste Tank...

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by mybuoys, Apr 8, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. mybuoys

mybuoys New Member

I have a wast tank in my 42 Jefferson Sport fish that has held it's last piece of waste. I am switching to a vacuflush system, the question is , what do I do with the tank?? It is an origonal tank that was bild in between the stringers below the deck and sits 2" above the bilge. The tank bottom is like swiss cheese no large holes or cracks but the entire bottom is leaking. Is there a product that I can pour in the tank to re seal the entire bottom of the tank or should I cut the visable end out to sanitize the tanks so it dosn't contaminate the boat???

Thanks
  2. Spinnaker

Spinnaker New Member

Doesn't the vaccu flush have a tank? Have you thought of a place? Reason for asking is that I was wondering if you will have to reuse the same area the old tank is in.
  3. mybuoys

mybuoys New Member

Yes, My main concern is what I needed to do with the old tank. The new system had only a 10gal tank and I was going to "Y" in a macerator to push to the old tank for additional storage. I ended up cutting a hole in the top and a one in the bottom to completely sanitize the old space. I was told not to cut it completely out as some tanks are configured structurally into the bow. Thanks for the reply

Sam
  4. AggieH2O

AggieH2O New Member

If the tank was designed to help reinforce the structural integrity of the vessel, then it is doing no good in its current condition. I would remove the old tank and fabricate a composite brace to replace it. If it is not used as a support, I would just cut it out. Once the glass gets saturated, it is hard to dry it out for re-usage. Just my opinion.
  5. Spinnaker

Spinnaker New Member

I completely agree.