Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn

Jet Ski cradles

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by wallyfan, Jun 27, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. wallyfan

wallyfan New Member

can someone suggest where to get a jet ski stand/cradle, for a sea doo waverunner....preferably near the ft. lauderdale/miami area??
  2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Cradle

If you have alot of time to wait, you can get one through Marquipt.
    Another, more economical, solution is to have a generic stand made by having two aluminum tubes bent in a "U" shape with flanges on either side to fasten to the deck. You then place them parallel to each other running the same direction as the SeaDo. Add a little padding and some powder coating and you've got a nice set of chocks.
    Good Luck
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I'll 2nd Ken's post on the do-it-yourself PWC cradles. I fabricated 2 sets of them a few years ago. Never thought to bend tubes, which sounds like a good idea. I just had 5/16 aluminum plate cut with a "V" to match the deadrise of each hull, both fore & aft. Then, we welded mounting flanges to these plates (for the deck), as well as the top of the cradles, in order to line the surface with polyurethane strips to prevent scratching the hulls. Finally, had the pieces powdercoated and mounted them to the upper deck with self-tapping stainless.

There's a couple of aftermarket marine companies making PWC cradles, but I didn't like the designs. Besides, it made for a fun project.
  4. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

Here is a nice way to do it. Basically the same thing Ken was talking about. This one if for a tender but it is the same idea. You can also make them removable so that you can use the space for something else if the jet ski is off. I'll go through my pictures and see if I can find anything else that would work aswell.

Attached Files: