Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Mulder

Auto Pilot Woes - Clutch Bypass Engaged

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by CSkipR, Jul 14, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

I am posting this for a friend who is here in the Bahamas. The AP problem is on his Hatteras. Can someone provide assistance.
    AutoPilot Woes - Clutch Bypass Engaged

Two miles out of Ponce inlet on the way to the Bahamas the auto pilot decides to tell me "Clutch Bypass Engaged". This is the first time I have ever seen this message. I can not find any way to disengage through the menu. One thing I find very interesting, the drive I have installed does not even utilize the "clutch bypass switch" - no wires even installed on the jumpers of the board. Its a reversible pump, not a hydraulic linear drive.

Robertson AP300x w/reversible drive pump

Attempted but no resolve:
    - Rest the breaker and powered up unit (several times)
    - Went through autopilot setup to ensue proper drive unit is configured - reversible motor
    - A rudder test is possible, completes successfully but when engaging autopilot, "clutch bypass engaged" is displayed

Has anyone else seen this or know how to correct? Appreciate everyone's input as I would like to resolve before heading back to the state...really miss the autopilot, makes for long days.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

bad connection or jumper fell off the board?? Those old boards were pretty tough. Check over the little things first.