Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

Ocean LED light install, argh!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Bamboo, May 15, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

About three years back I installed five Ocean LED lights on the "Sea Deuce". Three A12 amphibians on the transom and two A6 lights behind intake scoops on the aft bottom. Two of the A12's have water intrusion and have failed. They have a 2 year warranty, oh well. The boat is out of the water so I thought I'd replace the failed units however as normal, products evolve and these models are no longer sold. Instead I bought the A8 which is the closest in size and brightness. When I matched the new light template to the old light location the mounting hardware was placed just a few millimeters different. This means I'd have to professionally fill in the old holes and "make them disappear" and then drill new holes- this would cost more than the price of the lights. If they had either matched the old hole location or made the new a larger distance away there would be little issue with the new install. Argh. So I returned the A8's and told my retailer to get some A16's. They call me back and say its a three week wait. Double Argh!

Attached Files:

2. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

800 x 598 pixels = Triple Argh! :D
  3. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I returned the aft facing Ocean LED 8 series and bought a trio of Lumitec lights. They sport a bronze bezel and are circular instead of oblong and appear to be beefier. I'll give a report of light output later next week.