Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Walker

Imron MS600

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Dale52, Mar 11, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Dale52

Dale52 New Member

Has anyone shot Imron MS600?

I am looking for techniques, coverage, primer information (Which primer type is best and compatible). I am a advanced novice, non-professional painter looking for advice.

I have shoot other boats (my boats), with Interlux Perfection and shot my mast with Awlcraft 2000 with good result. But I am looking for a better solution for long-term that is repairable

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    dale
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Awlcraft 2000 is repairable......
  3. bluesuit

bluesuit Member

I've owned a Hatteras with Imron and currently own a Bertram with Awlgrip and the Imron is a far superior finish. Period.
    Anybody got any opinions on Alexseel or Endura???
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I dealt with a boat that the Imron was 12 years old and it still looked pretty good waxed. Still has the same paint at 14 years and looks pretty good.

I dealt with a 2008 yacht with Alexseal last year and it didn't hold up well IMO, showed signs of age, and it needs to waxed as often as gelcoat......
  5. bluesuit

bluesuit Member

My Hatt would wax up real well! Like new! Just think it's a better finish. Gotta paint the superstructure on the Bertram soon and reluctantly going to stick with the Awlcraft. Was thinking of switching to the A-seel, but going to leave it alone.
  6. mediterannean

mediterannean Member

Imron

In Europe we are familiar and well experienced with Imron Topgloss.Indeed a nice paint with beautifull flow and depth and with long term durability.

I understand M 600 is the countertype in USA..A solid system paint.

I have checked with Axalta web site designed for the States market, and it seems for Primer before M600,the ideal Primer should be: DuPont Marine Epoxy Primer, Corlar® 18510S™

ps: if to be sprayed air ventilation needs good attention!
  7. Caltexflanc

Caltexflanc Senior Member