Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Abeking

MTU Display S60 Series

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Invictus, Oct 14, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Invictus

Invictus New Member

Hi,
    should I repair or replace the screens of electronic displays because they are cracked and I think only on the outside because it does not seem to get moisture.
    However, I must do something.
    Does anyone know if you can find used in good condition or can be repaired without necessarily send them to MTU?
    MTU Italy only to mail in Germany and have a diagnosis and a quote hypothesized 3 or 4 months ....

Any suggestion?

Thx
    Luca
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I've seen a lot of those crack, so it's a pretty common thing. I've never had them repaired. I replaced a set a long time ago and cannot remember what they cost. If you replace them, you won't be without displays whereas repairing them you may wait a while to get them back. The cracks in the display I've always seen were superficial.
  3. Invictus

Invictus New Member

k.
    Thanks for feedback!
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

BTW, the ones that were replaced, the screens ended up cracking on the new ones less than 2 years later......I don't know if it's caused by too much heat. or if they cracked because they're mounted on a very slight curve.....
  5. Invictus

Invictus New Member

I also think it is a design defect fo the outer glass. I would try to open the display case hoping to find a glass outer plastic to replace...