Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder

E120 Raymarine antenna issue

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by CSkipR, Aug 29, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Lately I have noticed when I turn on my 2 E120s I don't get the ships position for several minutes. These units are approx. 7 yrs old. I was informed it is probably the Raystar RS125 antenna going bad. Checked the little blinking light and it is amber which indicates its probably going bad. Okay decide to order one and find out RM doesn't make that one anymore. The new one is a RS 130 GPS antenna so I'm going to order it.
    Does anyone know if the new antenna will fit using the existing cable or will I have heartache and pain and have to pull a new one. Nothing is ever easy on a boat.
    Thanks
  2. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Ask Raymarine.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Good luck with that. I asked Raymarine about fixing a scanner from 2004. They said 'Sure, send it in'. What they didn't tell me was that it would cost as much as a new scanner and that they'd leave me with no radar for the entire season because they have a 20 day backlog before they even look at a unit sent in, due to their refusal to hire enough workers. Not a company I would depend on.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

It is not a direct fit and is a pain in the butt. It's been a while, but it has to be wired differently and there is some board or something that it also needs if memory serves me right. You're going to need an electronics guy to install it. Your other option is to try to find a used working one. I wasn't able to find anyone that had a new 120 in stock 2 years ago when they swapped over.