Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Glendinning

Need help with a sea recovery water maker

Discussion in 'Watermakers' started by elisena, Jul 19, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. elisena

elisena New Member

Can anybody recommend someone experienced with these

I'm on Long Island, New York

We can't get this too work
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

What model of system do you have. What is it not doing / doing? The later units with the LCD display is a sore subject around here.
    Please search old threads if nobody gets back to you.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I would really help of you d at least describe th problem and state which model you have...

As mentioned above, the touch screen can be a problem... We ve replaced 2 control boards in 5 years and now the screen itself is barely readable because of an increasingly number of black horizontal lines...

But there can be other issues that are easier to solve... If you give us details...
  4. elisena

elisena New Member

It's an aqua whisper

Bought a 2005 70 princess and can't get it to work

High pressure alarm comes on
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Have an aquamatic ... High pressure is usually a blockage in the brine or product discharges (make sure nobody closed the valve to the tank by mistake) or a clogged PH or charcoal filter. When were the filters changed last?

Looking at the manual, it also suggests a problem with the back pressure regulating valve, incl debris.

I have also seen that error if voltage drops when the generator is heavily loaded and a big compressor kicks in

First thing you should do is get the manual, It s probably on the SR web site. The aquamatic manual is very detailed
  6. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

When was the last time it worked properly?
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

So, somebody purchased a 8 year old water maker and he can't get it to work. Well my mind reader is not on your channel.
    If you ask us for help, we need a few things to go on.
    A whole picture from install to the first sings of trouble, what you have tried, did it ever work SOME details of the installation could help.
    I feel were trying to pull your teeth in the dark.
  8. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

It s not unusual for watermakers to be neglected... Then boat is sold, surveyor note it s not working, new owner tries it but knows nothing about its history or operation...
  9. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Aqua Whisper watermaker

Do both pumps run? You have the pump that pulls the raw water into the system and the high pressure pump that's on the unit. The raw water pump will come on first and a few seconds later the high pressure pump comes on. I have this unit.
  10. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

...and for some really stupid reason, SR has them set up so that the high pressure pump comes on about a second of the feed pump starting... So, if you have air in the system, like if you ve cleaned the strainer, the high pressure pump will detect low pressure and shut down because the feed pump didn't have time to prime and build pressure...

On ours, the whole system shuts down and needs to the reset which takes a couple of minutes sweating in a hot ER...

Why couldn't they have build n a longer delay! NOw what I do is go to manual mode first, start the feed pump, check pressure, start the high pressure pump then shut down and restart the auto sequence.