Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Perko

Waste Line

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by markg, Jun 4, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. markg

markg New Member

I have a 60 ft M/Y and there seems to be a vacuum leak in the waste line ( crews cabin running forward) which is buried in the floor boards. Im looking for suggestions
    on a "fix" - The system calls for vacuum every 30 seconds and I need to shut down that system.
    Suggestions?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Is it a vaccuflush system? It is on the rare side that a hose leaks vaccuum such as that. If it's vaccuflush and the pump is cycling on and off every 30 seconds, it's most likely that the duct bill valves in the pump are bad and need to be replaced (assuming the bowl has water in it). This is most likely the culprit, and sealand pumps have 2 duct bills on the intake side and 2 on the outgoing side and are pretty easy to change.

If you need to replace the hose, connect the new hose to the old one with a pipe to pipe and hose clamps, tape the clamps so nothing can snag and try to pull it through.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

On long runs, I like the idea of pvc tubing, No low spots. Ad a little down angle if you can. As J mentioned, does the bowl hold water when the system looses vacuum? If water disappears service the base gasket. Those duck bill valves are a common maintenance item.
    Good luck.