Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Westport

Wiring Brookhouse AISC to two E-120 RM units

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by CSkipR, Jul 4, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Started wiring the new Brookhouse multiplexer so I can view my VHF GX2150 Standard Horizon AIS on the E120 screens and need help. To start with should I wire nema from both E120 units to the multiplexer? If so do I use the same terminals on the multiplexer for both e120s and just put the wires on top of each other? Can you connect more than one device to a set of the multiplexer terminals since I currently have a terminal block with 10 connections and the multiplexer only has 4 channels.
    If I cannot connect both E120 units to the multiplexer then I assume the AIS will only work on one unit. Do I leave the other E120 nema wires connected to the terminal block to keep whatever is wired to it working?
    Currently both E120s go to a terminal block which has 10 pairs of terminal screws. Both E120s nema wires are connected to 8 of the terminal screws on one side. On the other side of the terminal screws are connections from other marine equipment. One E120 is setup as the master although both have nema connections to the terminal block. I will try to post a picture. On the bottom you can see both nema connections from the E120s to the first 8 terminal screws left to right.

Attached Files:

2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I am not an electronics guy, but as far as I know you only need to wire it to 1 unit (the one setup as master) and then should be able to see it on both. One of the units will be the master and all of your accessory electronics will be wired to that one, and then it transfers over to the other unit (slave). You need to find which one they used as the master, and then wire your multiplex to that one. You can tell which unit is the master by turning them on 1 at a time.....the slave will send an alarm and error message saying, no master is detected do you want to make this unit the master (don't say yes).