Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

Caterpillar Displays

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by viexplorer, Jul 12, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. viexplorer

viexplorer New Member

I have twin 3126e's and one of the Marine Power Display units that is on the Flying Bridge has become unreadable in any light conditions. When checking with Cat for a replacement they have the units but they are around 3k apiece. Does anyone know of a less expensive solution or other provider of the display units. I cant even find any used ones. thanks
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Found this on e-bay but DK if it is current:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Caterpillar-Marine-Power-Display-267-8623-02-/250659209336
    I often wonder about the value of these displays for the recreational boater, especially at that price. Since the mechanics can plug in at the engines do the engineers here know what the result would be to swap these costly units out for guages. Better fuel economy doesn't justify that expense. I know someone here will think this is the dumbest thing they ever heard, but I have to think others may wonder as well.
  3. viexplorer

viexplorer New Member

Thanks for the look. These seem very expensive to me as well. I have found them useful as I have customized the display to include fuel consumption per trip so I can now pretty accurately predict fuel usage and distances when planning out trips. Just not sure if I find them 3k or even 1700 useful which is why I was hoping for other sources. Ill be reaching out to the ebay one later today