Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Westport

hynautic hydraulic eng controls

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by vista sun, Apr 22, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. vista sun

vista sun New Member

my clutch on both upper and lower are stiff!! the starboard is stiff but the port is WAY stiff..... they still do the job... but MAN.... any ideas?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Inside of the lower hose fitting on the bottom of the resevoir, there is a filter or mesh screen. I have seen it get all full of debris over the years and cause the stiffness, also check and see if there is linkage on the engine or cables attached to the hynautic, if it's cables (rare) they could be stiff as well......
  3. vista sun

vista sun New Member

Ok I will check filter and yes there are red cables that run to tran and to glendenning unit as well. And throttle is stiff to but not as much at all
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I would check the sintered iron filter first, or just order new one(s) and change them, they're hard to clean effectively. After that, pull the cables off and check how much friction the cables have. How long are your hynautic runs? Last but not least it could be a kinked hydraulic line.
  5. aquamarine

aquamarine New Member

Hy Vista,
    I had the same issues on my 122ft sail yacht with 3 stations, after spending thousand of $ trying to have this fixed I have decided to replace them with electronics controls, works perfectly and cost me US$ 5000,.- for 3 stations dual engine... not to mention how convenient it is to have only 2 levers for throttles and gears