Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko

Davit went dead... on trip - help

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by teaminvicta, Jan 2, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. teaminvicta

teaminvicta New Member

I am on a trip and the besenzoni davit just stopped, like its dead.. is there a reset ? ( breaker is up) any quick help would be great
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

See where the juice stops flowing. You may just have a bad switch or remote.
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Is there a limit switch at the end to stop over winding and breaking the cable?
    The one I had experience with 18 yrs was a POS of note. The limit switch was a constant PIA. That said it should wind down even if this is open.

Can you remove the covers and get to the terminals on the motor?

You should be able to jump out the control circuit in an emergency and run it with a pair of jumper cables if ya can get the juice to the other end of the cables.
  4. teaminvicta

teaminvicta New Member

Thanks for the reply - Its the first vessel I own with a Davit, so wasnt sure if there is a basic "reset" type switch I should be looking for, It stopped rights after I loaded the tender - with no load on it... cable is extedned.
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I can't say exactly without seeing the beast but if you can remove the covers you might see something, also is the remote control plugged in securely?
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

With no load on it works? Sounds like a breaker. You may have a breaker on you cabin panel and the switch or remote by the davit. There should also be a main breaker located possibly near your windless breaker. That would be your "reset" type switch, probably 60 or 75 amp.
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

ASSuming it's hydraulic (not familiar with that brand), find the pump and check for power to the pump. You shoudl have the manual on board (hopefully...) which may contain troubleshooting info.

i've had issues with the remote on davits, some have hard wired switches somewhere to bypass a defective remote...

also, do you hear the hydraulic pump humming when you press a switch... do som e function work (up / down, left / right) but not others, or nothing works at all?