Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn

MTU m-94 10V2000

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Bamboo, Jan 1, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Anyone have experience with the new MTU's m-94's? I've heard less than stellar things about the 8v and 12V m-93's. Supposedly the m-94 are going to have less issues. I'm researching a repower and the 10's are 1600 hp, and they would replace the 16-92's in the boat now. Also on the table are the 16V2000 m-91's. They may be a bit too much and/or not fit.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I've run 1 set of 10v2000's in a 64' Hatteras MY on a 9 day delivery north on the ICW. They ran good and didn't use a drop of oil when it came to that over all 9 days. However the Hatteras MY is a heavy boat and when coming onto plane the motors would rev to 1950rpms, then drop off/down to 1800 rpms and you would noticeably feel the boat slow down as the one turbo came offline and the sequential turbo came online and then it would accelerate much further past 1950rpms and sometimes you'd have to back the throttle down a little. It was the strangest thing, and I found it annoying especially when spending 7 days on the ICW and coming onto and off plane many times. They also were not as torquey as C30's or C32's. Personally I think the C32's would be a better fit in a sportfish.
  3. C4ENG

C4ENG Senior Member

Every time I have worked with MTU (4000 and the 396) it was always electronic problems. The motors always seemed fine. I will hope you can post some of your experiences with these newer models.