Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service

E55061 RayMarine remote station keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by CSkipR, Dec 26, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

My Raymarine E55061 remote station keyboard that operates all functions of the E120 has quit working. The little light is not on that normally shows it has power. I do get all the E120 pictures on the TV screen but no functions work on the remote. The wiring is very difficult to follow and I assume it goes to the flybridge, maybe the seatalk not sure. Any ideas or suggestions on things to try?
    Thanks
  2. wingless

wingless Member

The E55061 is a SeaTalk2 device.

The power connection sounds fine.

It may be one of the terminators or the connection to the E120.

Are there other SeaTalk2 devices on the network and are they working okay?
  3. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Wingless,
    Thanks for the response. Checked a few of the connections today and didn't find anything although I'm sure there's more connections. Just have to find them. I cannot tell you if there are other devices on the seatalk network but possibility. The boat has two E120s, plus the portable unit which is in the salon. The E120s are tied into the TV & camera system. Radar & FF are Furuno.
  4. wingless

wingless Member

The two E120 displays are networked w/ SeaTalk hs.

Check the connection block w/ the terminators and check the rear of the E120 for the SeaTalk2 connection.

When I swapped my electronics I created a schematic to help debug. Also, the factory wiring diagram had many deficiencies that now have annotations on my hard-copy.

Also both ends of every wire are labeled, 'cause wires tend to look the same after installation.

Wiring / electronic problems can be a pain-in-the-butt. Good luck!
  5. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Wingless,
    Thats a great diagram and will be very helpful although I cannot read it. How can I enlarge it so its readable. Even with my 200 power reading glasses its too small.
    Thanks
  6. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Remote Raymarine unit

Wingless,
    You were right on. Found a plug that had come off of the connection block behind the breaker panel. Plugged it in and everything is great. Thanks again.
  7. wingless

wingless Member

Glad to help.

Glad it worked out.

Connectors like that, without a locking tang, are a problem waiting to happen.

When SeaRay made my boat they used locking connectors on the wiring harnesses and backed that up w/ nylon wire ties to hold the halves together.

Connections will always fail at the worst possible time, so it pays to ensure they have the best chance of survival.

Things like screwed nylon wire ties or "P" shaped stainless cushioned cable clamps, placed near connectors for strain relief and placed every foot help resist failure.

When SeaRay made my boat all the wires and hoses were enclosed in sheathing. All of the new wires and hoses I added also have that sheathing for protection too.

Belts and suspenders.
  8. Henning

Henning Senior Member

Those would be Adel clamps....