Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

Linkscape VSAT Provider

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by corinthian99, Mar 31, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. corinthian99

corinthian99 New Member

Hello Everyone.

We're considering changing our VSAT provider from KVH to a company called Linkscape, speed issues and a lack of honestly from KVH mean its time for a change. Linkscape like everyone else is offering the world, which is ok (I've enough experience of the major providers to discount their claims) except that they're a relatively new and small company and I don't know anyone who's used them. Any happy/unhappy customers out there care to share their experience?

There are two attractive aspects to the service. Firstly is a universal LNB which they swear blind is proprietary and not subject to the usual over sensitivity that plague similar units. Secondly their modem can also manage input from our alternative connections; BGAN, wireless, 3G GSM, etc which gives me more space in the rack. However all this is pretty unique right now and I'm hesitant to commit to something I know nothing of. We already have a 'spare' antenna (boat changed from Seatel to KVH a while back) so the costs involved are not prohibitive. Wouldn't mind some thoughts from you all on this. Thanks guys.:)
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Having recently been reminded about this post I made some enquires and got some info back rather quickly.

It would appear they maintain a number in London and a number in Rome that forwards to the company owners number in Ft. Lauderdale , doing this they try to make it seem like they have business offices in all those locations.

I am also reliably informed that they are promising things that are not available yet in way of hardware and services.
  3. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Such as.....?
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

The Proprietary LNB listed above and total Atlantic VSAT Coverage being two items.
  5. corinthian99

corinthian99 New Member

As I suspected then; the usual spurious claims of speed, service and coverage. Looks like we'll be going with one of the usual providers then and putting up with the usual lovely service. Ho hum.

Thanks for the input fellas.