Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn

Lee Outriggers and Installation Cost

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by KMG3356, Mar 4, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. KMG3356

KMG3356 New Member

Below is what i received from a local marina .. Are these the right outriggers for a 29 Ocean Sport ? Isnt the installation price of $1700 high ?

Thanks in advance

Captain Keith

"I would recommend the MX series with an eight foot base tube which would mount below the cabin house window. The back-bar would be mounted all the way aft on the wing of the cabin house, down low. The knuckle arm should mount just above the window inline with the base tube and the holding arm as high as possible on the side of the bridge. The riggers would be lowered and raised from the bridge. The 16’ single spreader poles would slide into the top of the base tube and could be removed easily for winter storage, leaving the base tube and all of it’s components left in place. The cost of the riggers are $4100.00 and the labor to install is $1700.00 (plus travel time if not done at our facility "
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

That price does not sound out of line. I had a similar job done many years ago and as I recall, it was not cheap. My advice would be to upgrade to the telescoping back bars. I added those later at additional cost. They make it easy to drop the riggers to get under a bridge, or in my case, to get the boat into a covered shed boatslip.