Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Comfort

Water Spots

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by oceanview, Nov 7, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. oceanview

oceanview Guest

I am looking for a marine water softener to get rid of water spots on parts of my boat I cannot dry. Any recommendations as to which one?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Wet spot is a popular one that I have used and see being used. Keep in mind that they have to be backflushed with rock salt every 500-1000 gallons depending on the model to remove buildup inside of it. Also don't fill your water tank with them attached as it removes all of the chemicals that are added by municipalities and you'll end up with an algae farm in your water tank.
  3. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that you need a charcoal filter to remove chlorine (which is what keeps algae from growing).
    I've been filling tanks through them for years without the slightest problem. I am, however, very careful about storing water make with my R/O plants.
  4. sailandfish

sailandfish Member

When you dry the boat with a chamosis use a rinse bucket that contains 15-25% vinigar, that will leave her looking good. As far as softening the water, as said above various filters, but often youll still have water spots, especially on dark surfaces.

Duh, missed the parts you cant dry, hire an monkey so you can dry these parts!