Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for Abeking

Manhattan 50 flybridge

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by robert biscan, Jul 17, 2005.

1. robert biscan

robert biscan New Member

I haven't seen or sea trialed one yet but I was wondering if anyone here had opinions one way or the other. I have the catalog and looked on line at the sunseeker site.
  2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Welcome to YachtForums Robert. I'm no help, just wanted to say that it sure would be fun to shop this Sunseeker against the Azimut 50 , Cranchi 48 , Uniesse 48 , and Viking 50 . Please let us know how your search goes. :)

Kelly Cook
  3. LanaLane

LanaLane New Member

My neighbor across the canal has a manhattan. I went for a ride with him a few weeks ago. I have to say, it's nice boat with good performance, but in my opinion Sunseekers are overpriced. I think the styling has contributed to their popularity, but there are a lot of other boats that offer more accomodations for the money.

I was looking to buy a Sunseeker a couple of years ago. I wasn't impressed with the level of finish work, like the cut outs in the fiberglass for vents. It was left unfinished. This isn't unusual for production boats, but when I'm about to lay a few million, it better be world class.

Let me give you some advice. Before you buy a new boat, test drive an older model. This will give you a good idea of how well the materials hold up over time and how well the subcomponents stay attached after being offshore a few times. Just like cars that loosen up 20,000 miles after you drive them off the showroom floor, boats do the same thing.

Good luck.
  4. robert biscan

robert biscan New Member

I sea trialed the new 48 Cranchi a couple weeks ago. The bigger motors seem to have improved the ability to take on a rough sea. I think the lack of ref. in the boat aand a small salon are some of the drawbacks. Overall the 48 cranchi is a good boat.
  5. robert biscan

robert biscan New Member

The price of a sunseeker does seem high but I am trying to figure out the value. I would love to sea trial a sunseeker 50 to see how it handles itself. I have yet to even see one in person.
  6. superyachtie

superyachtie New Member

The Sunseeker is more but think it will hold its price better. The problem is with the smaller sunseekers is they make 5 or 10 of them at the same time, so the quality isn't as good. Not sure if this is the case for the Manhatten, it certainoly is for the portofino.
    Sunseeker have made smaller fly bridges in the past, and there sea holding isnt great. But the Manhatten 50 at 54ft long is pretty good, and great layout with the owners cabin midships, plus crew if you want it, do think your find better at that size.

Attached Files: