Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Abeking

1986 46 Post fuel transfer pump

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by ruby, Sep 13, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ruby

ruby Member

Has anyone changed the impeller in the fuel transfer pump? How many gallons a minute does it transfer? I was looking to even out the 2 tanks the other day and I hear the pump running but didn't see the gauge move. My pump is located at the rear tank it is accessed from the stbd fish box.
  2. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

mine works, it is not very fast, I don't know what the GPM is on the pump, but if you leave it on for a few mins you will see the tank dial move.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I think these pumps use floating rigid vanes and not the usual rubber impellers. Sometimes the vanes get stuck but will swing out after a few minutes. AND, they are not too fast. If it's a gear driven pump, feel the pump and make sure it's not hot, if so, need to find a way to prime it.
  4. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

I had to replace my pump a few years ago and it is basically a Reverso oil change pump with a rubber impeller. Runs in both directions. Even using the special oil\diesel resistant impellers, I get 2 years tops before the vanes break off. So chances are yours have broken off and it is not pumping. Hopefully they are not stuck in the hose somewhere and you can get them out. Check impeller 360014 against what you have.