Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights

46 Post Trash Can

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by littleangel, May 23, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. littleangel

littleangel New Member

This seams trivial but the hole in the counter of our '88 46 isn't realistic for trash - really small. We have spent the past year moving the trash can around, but can't find a good spot. What does everyone else do?
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Cut in a bigger hole. At least the diameter of a rum bottle + 1/2 inch (for ease of throw).

We purchase cheap rum in plastic bottles. Trash compactors are the greatest invention known to boaters. Alas, inverters will not drive them. That last compression over amps our inverter most every time (old, reliable Sears model).
  3. AllanS

AllanS New Member

Trash

I have not done it yet, but I have plans to remove the tackle drawers and install a trash can in that space.
  4. kubu

kubu Member

We removed the old compactor and put a pull out can right there works great.
  5. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

Hi, I found a couple of rubbermaid step top trash containers that slide under the gunnel on the starboard side just in between the rod holders. I think they are 11 gallons each. they fit snug and don't come out in a sea. Ralph, they hold about 9 of the big rum bottles. From there we store the trash bags in bigger ones up on the bridge in the forward storage locker until we can find civilization. Currently in Little San Salvadore.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I have dreams of getting out there. Never been..

I would say send pics, but I know the water is so clear it may not show up in the picture.

Have fun and stay safe.
    ,rc