Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Winter blah's

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by coastalgeorge, Dec 10, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. coastalgeorge

coastalgeorge New Member

Well I am certainly experiencing the winter blues, it is snowing quite heavy at the moment in Central NJ. Looking out my office window, and trying to figure out how to sell my business and move south, with the boat of course. thought I would post some pics of fonder times with the boat. feel free to add some of your own, look forward to seeing your pic's!!!! Have a safe and happy Holiday season my Post friends.

Attached Files:

2. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

great pics, 19 degrees here in Michigan. Here are my pics from this summer, 42 Tiara and 21 Pursuit.

Attached Files:

3. coastalgeorge

coastalgeorge New Member

19 degrees! Ouch. Great boats, Love the Tiara series. I was just in your neck of the woods at Lambeau field. Die hard Packer fan, don't laugh too loud. but what a great area of the US you live in, very friendly people. Have a great holiday!
  4. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    Today I finished the 110 and 12 volt system on my Post 46, from now we don’t need any shore power, new 9kw Onan generator is on its way from Ft Lauderdale to Curaçao, so the AC can run from then, and of course…my mate Occean (picture) did a great job to get rid of all the salt from our trip last Sunday!

ssss.jpg

Yes, I was sweaty inside…despite the 3 huge fans
  5. jrp4783

jrp4783 Member

Crew's Nest - Put in Bay, OH

My favorite weekend location - The pirate flag happened to be placed nicely in the background.

Attached Files:

6. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    Wow it’s quit on the Post forum, so I throw one in!

upcoming event on Curacao, Fuikdag (Fuikday) every First Sunday in the new year, everything that floats goes to Fuik Bay and have fun, some (or more) drinks and a lot of music (Afro Jack)…

I’ve got so space left!

fuikboven.jpg
  7. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Christmas market in Hamburg

For me, the year has to end like this. Taking my grandchildren to the Christmas market and watch their shining eyes.

Mary Christmas to all forum members and a happy new year !!!!

Attached Files:

8. Belle

Belle Member

Lenthening season and year round

Just trying to think what we'd do if in NY or Michigan.

Well, first what we did on a NC lake. We kept the engine and interior warm and had a bubbler in the water and we used our boat year round. With a larger boat we'd be even more inclined to. Now not possible probably in Michigan but wouldn't it be in NJ? Or if it wasn't I'd sure the heck move my boat to the Chesapeake or something and do it there. We had great times out on the lake in the snow. Yes, I know no one else was fool enough to be out there. Well, let me correct. The bass fisherman in their bass boats did cold.

I'm just wondering what others living further north do to avoid the winter blahs as the thread states. There have to be some options other than relocating completely. Even if it just buys you a few weekends over the winter, it just seems better than nothing.

Fine to tell me I'm crazy. I know I'm boating crazy and probably lots of other ways. But I also look for alternatives. Perhaps to many there are no blahs, maybe they like snow skiing or other wintersports and like the trade offs of sport by season. Maybe for some they need time off to catch up on all they put off during boating season. But I felt sorry for Coastal George just looking at his summer pics and missing it.
  9. ESSRTEE8

ESSRTEE8 Member

I'm avoiding the winter blah's by leaving for Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow and have the next 2 weeks to not think about the cold and snow.

Will be at Bahia Mar Marina, G Dock, Lady Helen if anyone wants to stop and chat.
  10. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Well, we woke up to snow this morning. Even had a snowball fight with some local teenagers. First time we've seen snow in the last 20 months or so. But will be home in a few hours.
  11. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

I don't know if this helps or hurts my winter blah's. Spent this weekend cleaning and painting intercoolers. So heavy I need a new back. One winter project almost done.

Also painted my rudder cross bar. Seems like POST cut a corner not having it stainless. I would say it is galvanized pipe. Keeps rusting (you can see in the pic). Sanded, put two coats of epoxy on it and painted. Came out like new. Let's see how it does controlling the rust. I have a piece of aluminum coming this week to replace more steel they used under the steering ram. Strange choice again. February project.

Attached Files:

12. ruby

ruby Member

Are those inter coolers off 671 detroits? How long did it take you to remove them?
  13. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

They are. About an hour each to remove.

I have noticed that newer years have the intercooler mounted on the blower. These are separately mounted in between the turbo and blower. Not sure if the ones on the blower are more complicated to remove.

After six years and 5-600 hours, they were surprisingly clean on the air and sea water side. I installed Racor CCV6000's several years ago and I'm sure they are why the air side looked better than I expected.
  14. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

[/QUOTE]Also painted my rudder cross bar. Seems like POST cut a corner not having it stainless. I would say it is galvanized pipe. Keeps rusting (you can see in the pic). Sanded, put two coats of epoxy on it and painted. Came out like new. Let's see how it does controlling the rust. I have a piece of aluminum coming this week to replace more steel they used under the steering ram. Strange choice again. February project.[/QUOTE]

Finally got the steering back together on Saturday. The amount of rust on the underside of the plate holding the steering ram was really bad. If you guys have this original setup, take a look at it to make sure you still have enough metal to hold the ram from breaking off.

I clear coated the 5052 aluminum. Hope it keeps the corrosion to a minimum. Not sure how the aluminum, bronze and stainless are going to play together.

Attached Files: