Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Burger

Post 46- 12 volt fresh water pump

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by ruby, Nov 24, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ruby

ruby Member

Post 12 volt water pump.jpg Just thought I would post a pic of the water system add-on 12 volt jabsco 4gpm pump.
  2. Beau

Beau Senior Member

clean and straightforward. I'm searching for that other info....
  3. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Ruby,
    nicely done. I use the 12v system when on the hook or when Im at a marina that doesn't have good 50A service or only has 30A.
    The well pump does take a lot of juice to start up.
    Add on 2 AC/Heat units, two fridges, block heaters, ice maker and you are using a lot of AC.

I recently changed all my interior light bulbs to low voltage LED lights. It cost me around $200 but I use less power for the same lights and I can even use more lights with the inverter. One thing I didn't change over yet is those vanity lights in the heads. Those vanity lights get hot so I bet the also use a lot of power, my crew loves to leave them on.

I put a small metal shelf with legs to the right of the muffler along the front ER bulkhead. It is strong enough for a heavy craftsman toolbox with drawers.
    I have the box strapped down to the shelf.
    It has some storage under the shelf.

I saw you other post with your flat screen TV.
    I still have the antique 27 inch tube TV in the console.
    Changing it to a flat screen is high on my list of things to do.
    The good thing is that the old TV still works pretty good.
  4. ruby

ruby Member

Thanks Lou, I was in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago. I didn't see any Post 46's around, although a little disturbing to me while driving around I had seen my old boat laying on its side near Tanner Park, I guess it fell victim to Sandy. It broke my heart I put much blood and sweat into that redo back around 2001, anyway the guy never even changed the name or hailing port.

Attached Files: