Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Walker

2000 Post 47

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Capt Ralph, Nov 15, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Cooperss.com has a 47 Post from storm Sandy on the block. I'm having a bunch of fun following these Post threads and thought I'd throw a bone in the air.
    ,rc
  2. Beau

Beau Senior Member

RC

I think most of us would stay a long way from Sandy boat...unless the deal was exceptional?
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I do understand that logic all to well.

But one thing I have learned on the Post threads, Post lovers are Post lovers.
    The work, upgrades and remodels have been most entertaining on the Post threads and these kids seem to have a better camaraderie than allot of Bertram owners. Maybe someone's looking for an ole 47.
    The recovery on a pair of QSM11s could be rewarding also and chain saw the rest (how / why I found her).

,rc
  4. ESSRTEE8

ESSRTEE8 Member

That boat is in the parking lot of my marina.

If you have a love for mold and a rotten smell then go for it.

The bilges at time has a few feet of water in them. The boat is finished if you ask me.

Not ever sure if both motors are good.
  5. Beau

Beau Senior Member

rc

I do agree Post owners are passionate, even fanatical. Maybe someone buys this boat for a song, and spends a couple of years restoring her. If the hull hasn't been badly penetrated, they are built like battleships! There have been some remarkable reclamations - as seen on this forum.
  6. ESSRTEE8

ESSRTEE8 Member

The keel is cracked and the entire hull has cracked up gel coat. This was one with the bad gel coat. Entire hull need to be painted.

I also don't think you will get rid of all of the mold. The entire interior is covered in mold.
  7. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Ok I will bite......

sounds like this 47 might be trashed, but after reading the Post Yacht section on YF I have seen some beautiful restorations.

It is possible.

In general, I believe that Posts are an excellent boat.
    My 46 has exceeded my expectations in every way.

A Post is also a great restoration project because the exterior is a classic Jersey Convertible that is timeless.
    You can have a restored Post that looks just a good as a newer Post.

On the other hand, Hatteras, Berts, and Vikings have all significantly changed their exterior design over the years. So a restored older Hatteras, Bert, or Viking still looks like a 70's or 80's boat that has been painted, unless you do major rework of windows, FB, and deck.

(btw there is a really cool 40 something Hatteras that was totally redone for sale on Long Island craigslist, its been for sale for a while, but it sure does look really cool, the windows, bridge, and cockpit were totally redone to resemble a newer boat, very nice in pics)

I think there are SOME great deals in hurricane damaged boats.
    There are also plenty of money pits.

Even if you disagree with me and the OP, you have to admit that the rebuild of the salvage 46 Post would make an awesome thread.

Regards,
    RT