Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for JetForums

About to turn the BEAST Loose in Bimini..look out Wahoo!

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Cap'n Eddie, Oct 7, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Cap'n Eddie

Cap'n Eddie New Member

Hey Guys - heading over to Bimini the end of the week on our 50' Post with my two college-aged sons and 4 of their teammates to chase some Wahoo!! It'll be our first time making this trip so anyone with some experience and suggestions will be much appreciated. Staying at the Bimini Sands and traveling with our Captain, so it should be a lot of fun and hopefully a lot of fish brought onboard.

Best,

Doug
  2. water-baby

water-baby Member

Catch lots of fish and post lots of pictures :)
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Follow the 180' ledge North. Stay on the deep water side or you'll load up with Cuda's on the 80' deep side of the ledge.
  4. weto

weto Senior Member

And of course post pictures, please.
  5. Cap'n Eddie

Cap'n Eddie New Member

Thanks Guys! Cap'n J...many thanks for the great info about the ledge (not looking for any more cudas, though I thought we caught every one of 'em off of Clearwater in August!). And hopefully we'll have one or two Wahoo/Tuna/etc. that are worthy of some pics!

Doug
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The fishing in Bimini is either hit or miss, usually not much in between also one area can be good 5 miles North, but not where you are. A good guide is if you troll onto the 80' side of the ledge and don't get a cuda right away, there's nothing else there....the furth you get North to Isaacs light might be better. Good luck. I might be in Bimini on the weekend of the 19th on a 58' Azimut.