Click for Furuno Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for Burger

50' Post A/C

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by jrp4783, Jul 4, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jrp4783

jrp4783 Member

I am getting water in the front bilge that is coming through the weep hole of port bulkhead/stringer. It occurs when the front A/C is running. Therefore I believe it's coming from the hose connection at the through hull fitting. The issue is that I can not find an access to this thru hull fitting on the inside of the boat. I also noticed that the water is not streaming out of the thru hull but running down the side of the hull. Does anybody know how to access this on a '50 Post? It's a 2000 model year. Thanks!
  2. Beau

Beau Senior Member

JRp

My thru hull for the forward is in the engine room next to the mid ship thru hull, starboard side between the genny and hot water heater. i have a see thru plexiglass access hatch covering mine. On the water flow issue, Is your groco clean? On the weeping water is it condensation or from outside the boat? I assume you're on a freshwater lake.
  3. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

I don't have a 50, wish I did.

btw, When my AC discharge starts to dribble instead of shoot out its time for me to go for a swim and clean the intake.
  4. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

I just back flushed my AC lines!

I cant believe how much ooze and gunk came out of the lines.

I can only assume that it was decayed organic matter.
    It stunk too.
  5. Beau

Beau Senior Member

RT46

Particularly this time of year! and you guys had that nasty brown tide on the south shore....
  6. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

I haven't seen the brown tide down here yet, but everybody is talking about it.

The water is very silty down here and we have a lot of eel grass to suck up.
  7. mikewheels

mikewheels New Member

I thought I did the reply correctly, but I do not see it, so here it goes again. I also have a 50 foot, 2000 Post that was leaking water from the port stringer by the guest head access hatch. The mechanic pulled new water lines from the galley forward to the guest head, but that did not fix the problem. I then had the boat hauled and the backing plates on the thru hulls replaced, several were weeping. They also found a fresh water leak by the hot water heater. After these were fixed the water coming thru the weep hole stopped. Now there is still a small fresh water leak draining forward, thru the drain pipes under ther forward fuel tank. I did have a back up forward bilge pump installed, as the water all runs forward in the bilge in the 50 Post. They used the spare Macerator wire that was already wired into the electrical panel. I am thinking of having someone with special audio equipment try to find the source of the fresh water leak, as I do really like a dry bilge. Anyone with suggestions for finding the fresh water leak is appreciated.