Click for Comfort Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Abeking

polyurea for hull coating

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by newtopost, Sep 28, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. newtopost

newtopost New Member

I have just found an interesting post on another forum detailing the almost magical properties of polyurea coatings.
    From what i have read this coating is spray on fast curing very strong even bullet proof flexible and when used on a hull will not allow the growth of marine pests.When applied it forms a seamless waterproof membrane and can be applied inside the hull also where it is resistant to oil and fuel.
    I am considering this to be a good option for me and my wooden post 40 should stop any more water getting in and provide extra strength to the hull while remaining flexible.
    This would remove the necessitate to bottom paint the hull also.
  2. shnarkle

shnarkle New Member

I'm in the process of moving from Northern Califor
    polyurea

I've been reading some interesting things about polyurea as well, but haven't actually met anyone who has applied it to wooden plank boats. I'm trying to find someone who has had the stuff on their boat for a few years.

Dragon Shield seems to be the most expensive, but probably the best because the military has been using it for decades. Scorpion coatings looks good as well and they say pretty much anyone can apply the stuff after watching their instructional DVD.
  3. weto

weto Senior Member

So, have you guys tried the coating as of yet ? Sure am interested to know if its as easy as stated to apply etc. ?