Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service

Information on mid 70's 40ft Post Sportfisher

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by bsamx56, Jun 18, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. bsamx56

bsamx56 New Member

Hi I'm interested in learning about weaknesses and strengths of these beautiful boats. I am interested in buying one and wish to be prepared...any help will be appreciated! Thanks
    Rick
  2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hello bsamx56, Welcome to YachtForums. Since you're asking about the Post 40, I assume you're talking about a wood boat. Take a good look at the fuel tank, which should be under the aft deck, and the ribs at the turn of the bilge. Examine the cabin side for rot below the aft end of the salon window track. In that age wood boat, fastenings should also be suspect. Post built a nice boat in that era. They provide a nice ride and the cedar plank hull rarely had big problems except as noted.

The next generation 42's of fiberglass were good boats too. Early FG models had a wood deck and house, then went to all FG the following year.
  3. bsamx56

bsamx56 New Member

Post 40

Thank you for your insight. Did you ever have a look at the recently for sale 40ft Post in Ft Lauderdale ? Any comments on her? I understand her fuel tanks were recently replaced.

Thanks
    Rick
  4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hi Rick, I'm not familiar with that particular boat in Ft Lauderdale. The only 40 Post that I see currently for sale on YachtWorld is located in Merritt Island, Fl.
  5. bsamx56

bsamx56 New Member

Post 40

Just sent you a link did you get it?