Click for Cross Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

Akalam Review?

Discussion in 'Pendennis Yacht' started by ayachtguy, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ayachtguy

ayachtguy Senior Member

OK, Capt. G, loved the look at the new Pendennis motorsailor, altho the hardtop seems to droop aft a bit in the profile shot, but that could be the angle of the photo.

But I have to ask: how do they protect all that fine furniture and soft goods under the hardtop? Chrome lamps on the sidetables, beautifully upholstered chairs around the glass dining table, varnished furniture, a padded hassock---it's all going to be covered with salt crystals after the first good beat to weather in the English Channel.

I can't see any attachments for side curtains...does the crew just gather up what they can and hose off everything else after a windy/rainy/salty thrash?

Tell all!!
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I'm not tellin' Chris. You'll use it for your editorial! :p

The photos, both interior and exterior were ALL crooked. I had to tweak and rotate them to keep land-lubbin' readers from getting sea sick.

We questioned side curtains too. There was nothing in the spec sheet and clearly, based on the images, no provisions have been made. Akalam will truly be one with her surroundings... and elements!
  3. ayachtguy

ayachtguy Senior Member

Naah...no editorial. I was just consumed with curiosity.

Obviously, it's part of a job security program to keep a large crew busy.

"Honest, boss, we gotta keep wiping down the tables and drying out the lamp shades every time it rains!"