Click for MotorCheck Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for Delta

Why did Hagadone sell Lady Lola?

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by dougie, Sep 24, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. dougie

dougie New Member

...anyone have an answer?
  2. YES!

YES! Senior Member

He sailed for 3 years on his 45 meter Benetti, designed and built his own 63 meter at Oceanco which won Yacht of the Year in 2002, added the Lady Lola Shadow to his fleet and sailed 3 more years.

He said that it has been great, but "Been There, Done That." At a very young and healthy seventy-something, he surely has many more mountains to conquer.
  3. dougie

dougie New Member

Mod. Edit: No need for comments like that dougie.
  4. dougie

dougie New Member

I guess that he must have become bored with his $75,000,000 worth of 'bath-tub toys'! ... just a little levity folks ... :D
  5. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Doug,

It's VERY unusual for one of our mods to edit or remove a post. Me on the other hand, I take a zero-tolerance approach to any BS on this board. You asked a question and you got a prompt reply... not just any reply... but from a man who knows more than you could possibly imagine on the subject... the build manager and captain of Lady Lola.

If you want to join in our discussions, conduct yourself in a manner that is becoming to the level of professionalism and caliber of people on this site.
  6. dougie

dougie New Member

My apologies...I guess I've been watching too much Jay Leno!
  7. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Wasn't aware that Mr. Hagadone sold Lady Lola.
    So when the "Mega Yachts" video was shown again yesterday on the Travel Channel, I felt sad to see a yacht owner let go of something he helped "create", from the yacht's design down to the small details, like the Azul Macauba granite countertop of the bar.
    Makes me wonder what Mr. Hagadone is up to now.
    Maybe an even larger yacht?
    :)
  8. Duck Commander

Duck Commander New Member

a quick google search says he is building a new "mega home" in Idaho, maybe his sea legs have give out.