Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums

Crusing speed?: 1985 OA 43' Flushdeck

Discussion in 'Ocean Alexander Yacht' started by EXW, Sep 26, 2007.

1. EXW

EXW New Member

Does anyone out there own a 1985 (or therabouts) Ocean Alexander 43' Flushdeck with twin CAT 3208 Naturals in it? I am interested in a boat with these specs but the broker has little information on what she cruises at. I also have little information on the hull. The CATS are 210 HP and would like to cruise at about 2250 rpm's - but that's ALL I know. Can anyone help me with what this boat cruises at? I'd hate to do a sea trial and find out its a 9 knot boat... We were hoping it was more like a 12-14 knot cruise... Any info you might have will help. Thanks,
    ERIK
    Seattle, WA
  2. yotphix

yotphix New Member

For what it's worth, this listing claims 10knots. I have never heard of anyone understating their yacht's cruising speed.
  3. yotphix

yotphix New Member

4. EXW

EXW New Member

Now this is funny. That link you posted took me right to the boat I was looking at!!! Thank you for the reply anyway. Take care...
  5. amostad

amostad New Member

cruise speed for 3208 cats at 210 h.p.

I realize this thread is rather old, but in the interest of those who are still wondering, here is my input.

I have 3208 Cats 210 h.p. in my OA 423 Classico. At 2000 rpm, I get a flat 10 knots. I suspect the increased fuel usage at 2250 would not justify a tad more speed. I understand that the 300 plus h.p. engines will give you 14 knots in this same model boat but I have no personal experience with them.

amostad
  6. pstrelinger

pstrelinger New Member

Cat 3208 Naturals

I am new to this forum and own a 1997 OA 426 Classico Sedan in the Pacific Northwest. I am in the process of creating Speed and Fuel use curves and wonder if anyone else with simular power and boats could add information. Also wondering if anyone has Teak rear sliding doors and experienced removing and replacing roller/wheels.
    PS