Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder

Galapagos

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Mike448, Mar 20, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Mike448

Mike448 Member

Can anyone recommend a good agent / contact person for the Galapagos Islands to assist with permits, etc? Any suggestions on what is the best time of the year to visit?

Cheers
    Mike
  2. denzil

denzil New Member

i can't remember the name of the guy who i used but if you do a google search for yacht agent galapagos it should bring up 2 companies. 1 is a guy who works alone who is not bad considering the location. The other is a company who are a bit unscrupulous so i heard. I'll have a look around see if i can find details for you. As for time of year.... we went in March i think as part of the milk run and the weather was great.
  3. denzil

denzil New Member

Ricardo Arenas i think 1 of the fellas is called. He runs sailinggalapagos.com (not sure if 1 or 2 g's.) They have the lions share of the market i think. The other guy has a smaller setup but i can't find his details.
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

5. denzil

denzil New Member

If you need any more details of things to do when there give me a yell. I do know that cruising in your own boat is Mega expensive with lots of red tape. I don't know if this matters to you or not. The best way is to book onto an organized cruise. That way you get to see all of the islands and with a decent guide to boot. They also offer diving etc.
    Be careful though as i have a horror story lol. I booked onto a 3 day cruise which was out of this world. Best time of my life. I did however manage to catch....ahem.... scabies from my bunk. I think the crew were using it when we were ashore grrr. The worst of it is, i didn't realize i'd caught it until after we'd set off for the Marquesas. 17 days of pure hell!!!
    You don't even want to know what happened after the Marquesas!!!!!! Horror story!
  6. Neil Rooney

Neil Rooney Senior Member

You can also look up John Gallagher, ex Captain of M/Y Talon.
  7. kiwicapt

kiwicapt New Member