Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Burger

"ELLIX TOO" came back to Ancona

Discussion in 'ISA Yacht' started by italyacht, Jun 6, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. italyacht

italyacht New Member

May 20th, 2005.
    The ISA shipyard's docks are crowded of yachts, so they placed Ellix Too in the commercial Naval Harbour. All the crew were aboard (they wore beige trousers and red t-shirts, like the boat colour). Those are just an advance of the other pictures I'll post, like my visit at the CRN Shipyards (where I visited the interiors of the new giant 54m "Ability"), Ellix Too at night (Is the best I ever seen!).
    I hope you'll enjoy my pics.

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Welcome aboard Italyacht! We look forward to seeing more of your pictures. By the way, our standard picture size is 540 pixels wide. I have reduced your pictures to fit our format. Thanks!
  3. techmati

techmati Senior Member

OMG! i am on yachtforums (not me....him)

Attached Files:

4. techmati

techmati Senior Member

ok...ok...you are already on the forum, stop waving

Attached Files:

5. techmati

techmati Senior Member

i just love that yacht (pics from marina zeas greece today)

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

ISA's 156'... the ULTIMATE stairmaster! When the first ISA was launched (around mid-2003), the media was all over it. Soon after, it was featured on the front cover of Y.I.

Nothing quite like these staircases had been done before and it remains a signature design attribute for ISA. These yachts are just as beautiful on the inside too. Check out the YachtForums review...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928
  7. techmati

techmati Senior Member

yeah those stairs which i would not like to fall down after a few. *burp

need more color in the marinas, more innovation white is just boring, light grey, dark grey navy etc it has been done too many times. ellix too she stands out a mile with those colors. interiors i really couldnt care about.

but that bridge of APRIL FOOL, that is Mission Control!
  8. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Ladies Choice should see this one... Ellix Too is female-owned as well.
  9. techmati

techmati Senior Member

interesting info and i guess why the crew is seen to be only guys (well so far anyway)

Attached Files:

• 005l.jpg
      005l.jpg
      File size:
      109.1 KB
      Views:
  10. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

There's a feature about Ellix Too in the current issue of Showboats... that's where I read the info about the owner.
  11. JonS

JonS Senior Member

You might admire the stair cases, but that rich red hull really makes it an amzing yacht. Its strange how a change of colour from off-white makes such a jaw-dropping difference! Wonder how much that paint job set the owners back?
  12. techmati

techmati Senior Member

makes it a lot easier to photograph properly lol......too much white is difficult.

should it really cost so much more than say blue?
  13. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

It would be a bit more costly as I seem to remember the article saying something about the color being a custom-mix from Awlgrip, specifically chosen by the owner. An off-the-shelf blue would cost less, wouldn't it?
  14. Ladies choice

Ladies choice New Member

Yes I do like that look, though wanting something of a larger size, I will have to look further into thier company to see what is available in the 50m range.

My sailboat was yellow, very lemony and bright, but being only 30 foot racer it wasn't such a huge expanse to be shocking or distasteful, I wonder though what a yellow hulled yacht would look like? Probably too much I have a feeling, I do like color though, Hmmmm any one good with photoshop to play a few rounds on the color wheel for something interesting and bold?

I did like this interior very much on the ISA introduction here, That flowing light wood modern/contempory look is what I am after definately.

Has there ever been any sort of world map done in etched glass that has the ability to be lit with LED's perhaps of places we have travelled to and the next stop coming up? Perhaps a color coded type way, remember the light bright childrens toy? where you can pop in a color peg to light up, Hmmmm, I would love something like that designed in the Helm as a back drop screen behind the viewing couches perhaps. Or even a real time GPS that can be projected somehow onto such a large glass plate to follow the track of the yacht? I am probably really reaching here in melding art and technology into one very cool way to show where the yacht has travelled.... A bit star wars maybe....

I have found the entire sky chart can be replicated in fiber optics for ceiling installation including even shooting stars, I contacted the firm that did the Rainforest cafe's here in Florida, they have a complete system for about 2k plus installation that will be a copy of the autumn or spring sky in the Northern Hemisphere.

This interests me alot in doing in a oval shaped recess that is painted like the night sky and back light with these stars. Perhaps they may have the technolgy to do such a world map that I am thinking about, and have it prewired for the major cities, islands, resort and destinations desired in yachting.

Has anyone seen anything remotely of what I am imagining in my head?
  15. techmati

techmati Senior Member

anything you imagine can be created but a computer generated chart with gps logging on a plasma would be nice and cost effective.

please more colored yachts, i am so bored with white. even just a slight gray like MULTIPLE please.
  16. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

LC,

I can imagine exactly what you're thinking... very cool idea! The difference between a Rainforest Cafe ceiling and your idea though is that wanting to choose which "spots" are illuminated (based on where you've visited) would mean each fiber optic cable needs to be seperately controlled. I'm sure people with the right know-how can set it up though. It'd certainly be neat I'd think.

As for yellow... I just quickly messed up a pic of Ellix Too in PS and came up with...

Attached Files:

17. KCook

KCook Senior Member

If it were a wall treatment there are jumb-TV systems that could easily handle such maps/charts. As this would all be computer generated it would be fairly easy to edit or update as well.

On the other hand a ceiling treatment does sound like a fiber-optic array. Which would be largely hard-wired. Nearly impossible to change except to the colors to pre-selected spots. I think the wall treatment would be far more effective.

Kelly Cook
  18. Ladies choice

Ladies choice New Member

I want both, sorry for not being clear, I do want the ceiling of stars, and that is hardwired, there are color wheels available and ability to have some twinkle in areas but that is with bundles of fiber optic wires not individual ones.

Now the wall mounted screen i wanted more transparent then a monitor offers, A plate of etched glass that can be back lighted somehow, perhaps having two fiber optic projectors, one white for places we have gone to and one green for those next in route, adding in and taking away optic wires isn't difficult out of a bundle. The problem lies in one having all the wires showing up behind as they hang down to the projector and then attachment points built into the panal. What I see in my minds eye probably cannot be done eaisly if at all. A really big light bright based on the toy might work with a overlay of the world map and just plugging in either a LED from the front that touches a back electric grid or a colored plastic "pin" like the toy does and it gets reflective light off of the backlight.

I will have to think about the plasma or LED monitor though, I wasn't looking for something so techie as a true GPS grid with all the navigation aides but something more artsy instead. In the movies on war rooms or ships or at the pentagon they often show a large plate glass and details of "mission" or maps are on this plate glass sort of like what was in that Tom Cruise movie about precepts, or any war based movie, maybe it is only computer generated images and these things don't really exist?

Maybe I need to talk to a design and display company, Like Exhibitworks in the Detroit area, They specialize mostly in auto company shows and displays, or those who make props/exhibits for museums/movie studios.

Something to think about anyways

As for a color, yellow just as I thought would be a bit too much, I think a Bourdeaux Pearl that I have seen on the new Lotus Elise, darker then Elix with a hint of pearlescent or even a deep burgandy gloss might look stunning. Not so much red as this yacht has though.

I would love to see designs or examples of color on yachts just to get a idea of what's been done.
  19. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Got it. Those Central Command scenes from the movies are cool. Easy (cheap) way to do that would be as a back projection. But then anybody standing on the other side of the "wall" would block the projection and cause a shadow.

As LCD/plasma technology advances this may become easy some day.

Kelly
  20. the swede

the swede New Member

hello

just wanted to say that my girlfriends brother has been working on ellix last year.....as 2:nd ingeneer:)