Information and picture was taken from: http://www.yachting-greece.com/Onass...ristina_O.html
Originally built in 1943 as a Canadian convoy escort, the yacht was purchased by shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis in 1954.
Onassis spent over $4 million to convert the ship at HDW, into the most elegant and advanced private yacht afloat. He named it "Christina" after his daughter.
The "Christina" was Onassis' "floating home" from 1955 to 1975.
During that time, the vessel's guest list was the ultimate who's who of dignitaries and Hollywood stars, including such luminaries as Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, King Farouk of Egypt, opera diva Maria Callas and numerous others.
John F. Kennedy first met Winston Churchill aboard the yacht and two of the most celebrated wedding receptions of the century were held on her decks - Prince Rainier of Monaco to Grace Kelly and Onassis himself to Jacqueline Kennedy.
After Onassis' death in 1975, his daughter Christina donated the yacht to the Greek government.
In 1998, the yacht was bought by John Paul Papanicolaou, an Onassis family friend and shipping industry leader. He began Christina's three-year restoration, involving meticulous research, engineering and craftsmanship.
The New face of "Christina O":