Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Westport

President Marine Ltd; Legend Yacht...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by DON GREER, Mar 7, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. DON GREER

DON GREER Member

My port is Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
    Does anybody have any information on a company called President Marine Ltd., located at Tainan Hsien, Taiwan?

They build a 76 foot boat they call their Legend, among others.

They are not listed in Yacht Forums.

Their web site is sketchy.

Good bad or otherwise I would like to hear from anybody who knows the company, the Legend, or any other boat they manufacturer where any issues have surfaced.

Thanks......
  2. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Don, they were a low-cost Taiwanese producer back in the Eighties and early Nineties and, as such, were pretty popular, esp. their 41 Double Cabin.
    They did not skimp on the fiberglass.

Beyond the early Nineties, they fell off my radar screen. There are some late model (2007) brokerage boats out there, including a 2005 63 Legend listed for sale as "new" with full warranties... which should tell you something.
  3. JWY

JWY Senior Member

President Yachts is being represented in the US by Noyce Yachts in Annapolis. Robert Noyce gained an outstanding reputation as a marine surveyor and later picked up the President line, then crossed over to the dark side and added yacht brokering to his resume ;) as well as representing other new builds.

Disclosure: Noyce Yachts is the NE dealer for Northwest Trawlers; JW Yachts is the Southeast dealer.

Judy