Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for MotorCheck Click for Furuno

Suggestion for a new (Yacht)Forum...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by airship, Dec 1, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. airship

airship Senior Member

I was thinking along the lines of something called "Beer on the foredeck" or something along those lines, where we "professionals of the yachting industry" could all "let our hair down" in a separate moderately-moderated forum, in order to talk about and discuss (cussin' and swearin' not withstanding), every other subject on the planet not directly related to our industry, and in the company of ex-seafarers, former Secretaries of Defense, bus conductors, ambulance drivers, supermarket checkout clerks etc.

The "foredeck" after all, is somewhere the foulest grunting and cussing is sometimes heard aboard yachts. Lots of stuff to stub yer toes on, heavy-duty gear to break down, use superhuman efforts on...and also (just about the only place on crewed yachts) where people can have an honest conversation over a few beers and just generally relax and/or "get with it"?!

Share a joke, offend someone (but in the best possible taste), discuss the hereafter, talk about how you'd run your superyacht and manage to sleep with all the stewardesses if you were skipper, how to get out of Iraq, talk about how the USA saved Europe twice in the 20th Century (but won't anymore in the 21st) or discuss inheritance taxes and online gambling etcetera...or ask just how cold is the red sea is in winter?

Well...?! :)
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

3. airship

airship Senior Member

Oooops...?! All I can say is: why is it so well hidden away?!

On second thoughts, I can guess...I've book-marked it so that'll be the first page when I come in future! :p