Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Comfort

"Chosen One"...LeBron James's/Nike's yacht??

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Bob Scott, Mar 8, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Hey Carl, or anyone else who may know. For new years we were in Port Lucaya. There was a yacht there named "Chosen One". We were told that the yacht is owned by either Nike or LeBron James, which would make sense because his nickname is "chosen one", and if you see any nike ads the font of the name on the yacht matched the font in the ads. I'm not sure what brand it was but I think it was about a 120'. I have some pics that I will post when I get a chance.
  2. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Attached Files:

3. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Attached Files:

4. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Attached Files:

5. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Sorry about the large images. I did my best to re-size them! The yacht is a Inter Marine. Any info. anyone?
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Bob,

You are correct, the yacht "Chosen One" is a 120' Intermarine, but I don't have any information on ownership. I'd be willing to bet that Chris (christo303) or Berndt (archnav) knows something about it. They log-on regularly.

Thanks for posting!

Carl
  7. scubarepublic

scubarepublic New Member

Pretty sure it belongs to Ken Griffey, Jr.. NM

nm
  8. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Scuba, why are you "pretty sure"?
  9. scubarepublic

scubarepublic New Member

Port Lucaya- Chosen One

Hello Scott,

I worked in Port Lucaya, right across the canal from where The Chosen One was docked. I had several locals tell me that is who the yacht was for, and on many occasions I could see Ken Griffey, Jr. on the yacht. On one occasion, he waved to the people on the boat I was on as we were going through the canal.

The berth the Chosen One was in was a private one, but the gates to the dock are normally not locked. During his time there, the gates were locked at night.

Although I am not 100% sure the yacht is Ken Griffey's, I know he was on it during the time I was there and was told by the local people that it was his.

Cheers Mate :cool:
  10. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Hey Scuba....Were you there over new years, or are they in there a lot? We saw them on new years and heard the word that it was LeBron's or Nike's. Never saw LeBron on board though and I would not know Griffey if I saw him. Do you know if Griffey is sponsered by Nike? If so this would really make sense. I am not saying that it is one or the other's. I am just REALLY curious!! It is just weird that Chosen One is LeBron's nickname, and the font of the text on the boat is very similiar to the font used in Nike ads. HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM......Someone step up and straighten us out here!!
  11. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Scuba and anyone else who cares......
    It is Ken Griffy Jr's yacht. It is kept on the west coast of Florida. Apparently "Chosen One" is also his nickname. He may of had the name first, but LeBron deserves it more!!
  12. scubarepublic

scubarepublic New Member

Hey Capt. Bob

I just read your recent post regarding The Chosen One. I think Ken Griffey, Jr. should let me use The Chosen One during baseball season!!

I sent you a private message (PM) earlier today. Hope to hear back from you.

Cheers,

Scubarepublic