Click for Elling
Click for Walker
Click for Moonen
Click for Ocean Alexander
Click for Llebroc
Click for Delta
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > GENERAL YACHTING DISCUSSION > General Yachting Discussion > Best way to sell a boat?? Help!

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

Best way to sell a boat?? Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2004, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
donnaflip

Best way to sell a boat?? Help!

What is the best way to go about selling a boat??? Help - please. I need advice. I tried to sell it last year, but no luck. We are going to keep on trying this year, but I do not want to keep it for a whole nother year if it does not sell this spring/summer! It's got to go! (if i have to it will go on ebay)
We have tried 2 different brokers. One had it in the water, and the other just had it on his lot. I am fairly sure we have it priced below market, and it is really in great shape and been kept beautifully. It is a quality boat - a Sea Ray, of course. What is the problem? What is the average timeframe that it takes to sell a 30' power boat???
I would greatly appreciate any advice!!! thank you in advance.
-Desperate in VA
(by the way it's a 1996).
Old 02-21-2004, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Good day , my name is Brian Koch. I might have a client that could be interested in your boat, if you would please email me , captbkoch@aol.com send any pictures, all info you have about the boat ,and the price you are wanting for it. Thank you and I hope I can be of assistance to you, Captain Brian Koch
captbkoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Post Your Boat

Donna,
Unfortunately, the 26 to 37 foot express cruiser market is saturated with boats for sale. It is purely a price driven market. I am a broker with offices in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Arkansas (yes Arkansas, the Mississippi River is a great boating destination).

If you like, I would love to talk to you about your situation. I won't make any promises that I cannot keep, but I am willing to do what I can to help.

We have an office in the Naples area that does quite well with Sea Rays. I also have an overseas client that I represent who purchases several boats at a time for shipment to his country, as well as an individual buyer in Texas that is looking in that size range.

Give me a Ring, It would be my pleasure to earn your business.

Hope this helps!

Steve Lawson, YBAA Member
Mark Poff Yacht Sales
1-843-249-1610 - Office
1-910-232-3100 - Cell
Steveyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

New concept

We have had great success with a fairly new concept to the boat industry that is already proven in the real estate world. Our company offers an owner assisted sales program. We focus on what we know: marketing, negotiation, and paperwork. You focus on what you know: your boat. I have been a yacht broker for 8 years, but have jumped onboard with this concept due to the information available to buyers. The commission for our 3% Plan is only 3% of the sales price compared to the industry standard 10%. This is possible because you will show your own boat.

If you have already tried going through a conventional broker twice with no success you would be the perfect candidate for us. Give us a call if you have any Q's.
yachtjim is offline   Reply With Quote