Click for YF Listing Service Click for MotorCheck Click for Comfort Click for Furuno Click for Cross

Baltic

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by rosief, Oct 30, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. rosief

rosief New Member

Our boat is a 40ft Malo with a 2m draught We want to go over to the Baltic from the UK for the sailing season 2013/2014 via the Kiel Canal
    There are loads of options and we could do with some idea of where is nice - scenic, good to sail and particularly where to leave the boat in the winter. We will need a yard with engineers and services etc We have been told she will need to be lifted out We keep our boat in Dartmouth and have sailed Brittany, Scotland, Ireland, N Spain and Portugal so in theory we know what we are doing and what we are looking for.

If you are able to spek to us via skype tyta would be fantastic If you would, that would be fantastic.

:) Rosief
  2. Maxwell

Maxwell Senior Member

I am sure AMG will chime in but I have to say Stockholm and its Archipelago is probably one of the prettiest places I've ever been on the water. Some islands have small villages (Sandhamn etc) where you can grab a drink or food, while others are completely uninhabited that you can claim as your own and enjoy a nice fire (just don't burn on the rocks as it can damage them). You can navigate all the way into downtown stockholm and through the lock to lake malaren (you'll have to go the south entrance due to bridge height) or just stay out and enjoy the rustic archipelago. Everything was very well charted and easy to navigate.

There are numerous boat yards throughout the area as well to leave the boat for the winter.

Good luck!!
  3. rosief

rosief New Member

Many thanks THis is really helpful When did you go to the Baltic? We have never been so it will be a great adventure Rosie