Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for Mag Bay Click for Glendinning

Mis-dated Reviews?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Ward, Mar 21, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Ward

Ward Senior Member

Is it just me (maybe some sort of browser caching problem), or did something happen to the dates of some older reviews? I don't recall how old they are, but I know they aren't from Monday. (Picture only shows the first couple of mis-dated reviews, there seem to be 18 of them.)

Attached Files:

2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

3. Ward

Ward Senior Member

Oops, yeah, that certainly explains it. I was mostly away from computers on the 19th and 20th and missed that post and clearly didn't do a good enough job searching. Thanks.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Your welcome.

The post pretty quickly dropped off the front page as no one replied to it to keep it fresh.
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thanks K1W1. As always, there's a method to my madness...

1. The majority of our member registrations come from first time visitors to YF, not from regular readers. While the current crop of reviews are from the past, they are 'new' to many readers and hopefully, they like what they see and are compelled to return, or better yet... join. Building membership ranks VERY high for me. It gives YF more power as a media and it results in more participation, as well as exposure. All of this adds long term value.

2. YF's reviews were originally intended to drive membership while we became more deeply propagated on the net, but ultimately what drives membership now is YOU GUYS! I want YF to be 'forum focused'! This takes pressure off me to deliver content that some builders in the industry have yet to recognize or appreciate. Until that time comes, I decided to expand our brand. Allow me to elaborate...

3. I'm in the process of building two synergistic communities that will add value to YF. These new sites are far more important to the future than doing a review on anything that has splashed recently. I KNOW we will loose some readers without new reviews every month, but frankly if they are coming here just to see the reviews, they are missing out on YF's real value... YOU GUYS! Void of new splash page content, I'm hoping this will force readers to focus on the forums.

4. I've recently had meetings with some notable members to discuss a new direction for YF. I think the time has come to make some money and we're working on a idea that compensates active members for their contributions. Kind of a "YF gives back" program. More on this later. Maybe not!

5. And finally... I want to make a comment on the thread title... 'mis-dated' reviews. ARE THEY? I think not, because these reviews continue to garner more 'views' every day, month & year. Many of the reviews on the splash page have over 100,000 views. Some are over 250,000. Each one of them tops a Google search, still to this day. The point is... they continue to work and sometimes it's nice for us old-timers to re-visit them.
  6. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

And re-visit them I have. I'm here on YF a lot and I can never get enough of the wonderful reviews and amazing photos of some of the most beautiful yachts afloat. Bravo! Encore!
  7. carelm

carelm Senior Member

You definitely got the "picks of the litter" reviews up front, especially the Sycara IV.
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I really enjoy some of the reviews, however, once you've read the review, you're read it. That's why for me the forum posts drive me to visit daily, they're changing and different, and you pick up things here and there.......plus read the various replies each day.