Click for Delta
Click for Delta
Click for Trinity
Click for MotorCheck
Click for Burger
Click for Ocean Alexander
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > GENERAL YACHTING DISCUSSION > General Yachting Discussion > The Ocea Commuter 130 "Okeanis"

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

The Ocea Commuter 130 "Okeanis"

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

The Ocea Commuter 130 "Okeanis"

Hi! While I have enjoyed this forum as a guest for a few years, this is my first post. I was just wondering if anyone out there have any information or opinions regarding my current favourite yacht, the Okeanis.
alda_yacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Innovative and shallow-draft underwater hull form, combined with long waterline length, narrow beam and minimal superstructure. Easily-propelled vessel which allow smaller main engines and fuel economies etc. What's to complain about?

1) Poor/unimaginative superstructure styling (easily corrected though).
2) Marina berths will cost as much if not more than for a typical "heavy dispacement" yacht. This type of yacht will have a more important length/beam ratio, unfortunetly most marinas base their fees on the overall length of the yacht, so far as I'm lead to believe.
airship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

While I have to agree with you on the fact that Okeanis may not be the most practical yacht afloat, or the cheapest to tie up to the docks, I cannot agree with you on the superstructure - to me its a highly personal design and pretty rare.

My biggest concern would, however, be the crew quarters - looks like they have to be pretty cramped. How would you correct the superstructure?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
YF News Associate

A picture from the Ocea website...
Attached Images
Yacht News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks, thats a great picture. I believe that I have vacumed the internet for information, thats why I called upon you guys on the forums
Old 02-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hi alda_yacht, and welcome!

I was just having a look at these boats the other day... or should I say staring, I'm just a sucker for these traditional type motoryachts. I would have to say the 155 (Elisabet), is looking the best IMO, the spoon bow is spot on, and the roofline and fairing seems to complement the rest of the design. I would have to say the 130 could of had a little more... something to the bridge, anyway, still gorgeous to look at.

By the way, I think a lot of boats are heading down the path of reducing there beams to improve there beam - length ratio. Cheers

Far
84far is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks, she reminds me of an converted mine sweeper, like Calypso, Cousteau's ship. Yeah she could do with a little more "muscle" around the bridge deck. I'm looking forward to the first reviews on 155 (Elisabet), I agree, she looks great.

About the length-beam, I agree and the Vitruvius-series is a great example of the trend.