Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Abeking

The Ocea Commuter 130 "Okeanis"

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by alda_yacht, Feb 4, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. alda_yacht

alda_yacht New Member

Hi! While I have enjoyed this forum as a guest for a few years, this is my first post. I was just wondering if anyone out there have any information or opinions regarding my current favourite yacht, the Okeanis.
  2. airship

airship Senior Member

Innovative and shallow-draft underwater hull form, combined with long waterline length, narrow beam and minimal superstructure. Easily-propelled vessel which allow smaller main engines and fuel economies etc. What's to complain about?

1) Poor/unimaginative superstructure styling (easily corrected though).
    2) Marina berths will cost as much if not more than for a typical "heavy dispacement" yacht. This type of yacht will have a more important length/beam ratio, unfortunetly most marinas base their fees on the overall length of the yacht, so far as I'm lead to believe.
  3. alda_yacht

alda_yacht New Member

While I have to agree with you on the fact that Okeanis may not be the most practical yacht afloat, or the cheapest to tie up to the docks, I cannot agree with you on the superstructure - to me its a highly personal design and pretty rare.

My biggest concern would, however, be the crew quarters - looks like they have to be pretty cramped. How would you correct the superstructure?
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

A picture from the Ocea website...

Attached Files:

5. alda_yacht

alda_yacht New Member

Thanks, thats a great picture. I believe that I have vacumed the internet for information, thats why I called upon you guys on the forums :)
  6. 84far

84far Senior Member

Hi alda_yacht, and welcome!

I was just having a look at these boats the other day... or should I say staring, I'm just a sucker for these traditional type motoryachts. I would have to say the 155 (Elisabet), is looking the best IMO, the spoon bow is spot on, and the roofline and fairing seems to complement the rest of the design. I would have to say the 130 could of had a little more... something to the bridge, anyway, still gorgeous to look at.

By the way, I think a lot of boats are heading down the path of reducing there beams to improve there beam - length ratio. Cheers

Far
  7. alda_yacht

alda_yacht New Member

Thanks, she reminds me of an converted mine sweeper, like Calypso, Cousteau's ship. Yeah she could do with a little more "muscle" around the bridge deck. I'm looking forward to the first reviews on 155 (Elisabet), I agree, she looks great.

About the length-beam, I agree and the Vitruvius-series is a great example of the trend.