Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service

One for the Rogues files...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by SHAZAM, Jan 29, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

I've seen a lot of ugly boats in my time, this one takes the cake...

http://newimages.**************/2/2/7/6/9/2276932_1.jpg?1287479073000

Someone tell me what I'm missing here?
  2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Looks like they tried to jam a 100' design into a 60' hull?
  3. vlafrank

vlafrank Senior Member

I kinda like it!

Granted that the designer perhaps lacks "restraint," the fact remains that I personally worship at the alter of high freeboard, and this yacht has it in spades. For a 60' boat, I'll bet it's particularly seaworthy, just not very "seeworthy." Sometimes you just can't have it both ways. JMPO
  4. Fishy

Fishy New Member

It aint that bad kinda like it myself , the fenders are the worst, how to ruin a nice paint job 101
    After checking th link , i really like it
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Lose the forward lounge area, extend the house forward a little, lose the hole in the side (big window). Otherwise, I like it.
  6. I love the boat, better than nothing. I appreciate her a lot, but would do modifications in hull mainly at side.
  7. Fireman431

Fireman431 Senior Member

I think the color has a lot to do with it. Repaint it white or black and it probably wouldn't be so...uh...obtrusive.
  8. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I liked it ever since I read the review posted on this site. Looks to be a very good use of space. I also find it a very attractive design. Hull seems very interesting also.

Going to read the review again.

To each his/her own, I guess.
  9. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

Looks like three designs for the price of one.
  10. tirekicker11

tirekicker11 Senior Member

You call that ugly? What about this one?

Attached Files:

11. ^also a very nice boat. :) People confund design made by prestigious names of industry with taste, sometimes either more ugly than those than of every boat garage. I am sure in many ports this world has more ugly boats and ships than those.
  12. tirekicker11

tirekicker11 Senior Member

It's not just ugly, it's a complete failure.
    The (single) re-conditioned engine is placed in the bow so that the stern leaves room for a large master bedroom. The shaft runs from bow to stern. The tinting on the windows is so dark that you can't drive at night. The decks are not glassed to the hull but glued with putty. There's only one bulkhead in this 65' boat. Just a matter of time before it all falls apart.
  13. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Well it would make a great houseboat!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe......As long as the marina will allow you to dock it there and you come and go from the boat when your neighbors are not looking or outside.
  14. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Interesting concept: She is designed to rest on the sea bottom:

15. jsschieff

jsschieff Senior Member

I went through the Mochi in Rhode Island last summer. I thought the layout was ingenious and offered some worthwhile features. The door in the forward end of the main salon leading to a sitting area in the bow was particularly nice -- the sitting area in the bow is more private than the aft area when you are in a marina slip. Also when you are at anchor the bow area gets the benefit of any breeze available.

Also there is no doorway at the aft end of the main salon leading to the aft deck -- you have to use doors in the middle of the cabin that lead to the side decks. The advantage of this is that you can have a large seating area in a U-shape with a settee placed along the aft end of the salon cabin. The Mochi also has a U-shaped settee on the aft deck placed up against the aft end of the salon cabin. This outdoor settee is nicely protected from sun/rain etc. by the overhang of the main cabin roof. The long window between the salon and the aft deck can be opened.

The rest of the accommodations were nice too. The owner's stateroom was very comfortable and large windows in the hull sides make it light. The optional captain's stateroom aft of the pilothouse takes away a possible small sky lounge, but a happy captain should make this trade off worthwhile.

I was not impressed by what I was told about the complex electric/diesel propulsion system. It sounded as if the only plus from the expensive, complicated system was to allow an owner to show off by leaving a slip silently on electric power, but the electric power lasted only a brief time before the diesels had to be fired up.

The Mochi looks a bit ungainly, but I prefer its angular, stocky look to some of the tiresome Euro-style yachts with wacky slit and lopsided windows.
  16. Pelagic Dreams

Pelagic Dreams Senior Member

At first glance, hated the exterior, love the inside. White would be much better on the hull
  17. MaxPower

MaxPower Senior Member

there are THREE of these "beauts" in our marina !!!!!!!!!
  18. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

Seems like Ferretti has learned something from their Bertram brand and Microsoft. It's not a failure if you advertise it as a feature.
  19. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Quite possibly, the most profound statement on YF.